Today, I’m joined by pain management and movement specialist, mind-body healer and expansion mentor, Leah Drew! Leah and I discuss the idea of pain as a doorway for physical and emotional healing. We talk about the power of tapping in and listening to the noise and messages that our body’s are telling us instead of suppressing it or finding temporary comfort in pharmaceuticals.
Leah teaches others that they can heal themselves, release their trauma, break free from generational patterns, improve their mental health and enhance their life. After her own health complications as a teenager, she felt disempowered by the Western approach to medicine and was inspired to embark on her spiritual healing journey, and eventually became a holistic coach.
In today’s episode, I also share about my own health struggles and the process I’ve gone through to learn the language of my body. We discuss different modalities for healing and how important it is to honor your mind and body where it is everyday, rather than push yourself into a strict wellness regimen. Listen in to hear more of our conversation about health, healing and growth.
- Reframing the way that pain shows up in your body
- What helped Leah understand the power of mind-body connection
- Transforming my relationship with movement after health complications
- The role of mediation in healing
- The importance of addressing emotions and trauma from your past in order to heal and grow
- How the masculine and feminine show up in the realm of health and wellness