Shannon Kaiser is a world-renowned spiritual and self-love teacher, speaker, and empowerment coach. She recently published her fifth book, Return to You: 11 Spiritual Lessons for Unshakable Inner Peace, and we sat down to discuss what unshakable inner peace is and what Shannon has learned on her journey to achieving it. She opens up about how she’s transformed her experience with anxiety and depression, and what it looks like to embrace the process of surrender and trust.
The concept of returning to yourself is about living authentically and showing up confidently as the real you. For so many of us, the biggest war that we’re fighting is actually the internal battle within ourselves. Shannon talks about the importance of choosing faith over fear and acting from a place of love. She highlights some of the lessons from the book and notes that the first step is to detach from the drama and evaluate what we give our attention to.
Another key takeaway from the book is that depression, anxiety, and fear can be indicators of realignment opportunities for us if we’re willing to sit with those emotions. It can be uncomfortable, but the gift of returning to yourself is on the other side. Listen in to hear our conversation about embodying peace and living your truth.
- What inspired Shannon to shift her writing approach and publish this book
- Recognizing where you’re pushing up against inauthenticity
- Knowing what season your soul is in
- How strengthening your faith helps to overcome fear
- What it might feel like for someone to actually live as their true self
- Confronting where we’re holding on to something for a false sense of safety