In today’s intuitive flow, we unravel what it means to live with shame, and how it may be holding you back in ways that you may not even know yet.
When we don’t know how to identify it, shame can be sneaky. Sometimes it will show up in obvious ways, like the voice in your head that tells you there’s something inherently wrong with you. Other times, you won’t hear those thoughts, and the shame will just show up in behaviors that keep you small in your life.
It prevents us from experiencing deep connections. It tells us we should hide so that no one can see us in our messy humanness. It tells us that we should just “think positively,” even though that will just mask our pain rather than getting to the root.
We explore some methods for releasing feelings of unworthiness and perfectionistic tendencies, not just on a cognitive level, but on a deeply physical and spiritual level.
Tune in if you’re ready to explore who you could be without the weight of shame holding you down.
IN THIS EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT:
- How to identify where shame and feelings of unworthiness are holding you back.
- The psychedelic journey that showed me my own patterns of perfectionism.
- How religious programming, our patriarchal society, and childhood traumas could be contributing to our shame.
- Why trauma gets stored in the body, and how to release it.
- The way that evolution explains why experiencing unworthiness can so often feel like you won’t survive.
- The cyclical nature of healing that sometimes tricks us into thinking we’re not making progress.
- How being witnessed can be one of the most potent medicines on our journey of moving through our shame.