I’m joined by Kat Horrocks, a Certified Mindset & Manifestation Coach and Founder of Put Yourself First, a podcast and community dedicated to empowering women worldwide to put themselves first and manifest a life even better than their vision board. Kat believes that when women prioritize themselves, everything else starts to fall into place. We unpack what it really means to put yourself first, why it’s so important, and tools to start living your truth.
Kat and I reflect on what life was like when we put on the ‘good girl’ façade and struggle with people-pleasing tendencies. We talk about learning how to be okay prioritizing your own happiness at the cost of disappointing other people and how to stop internalizing feedback that doesn’t align with your path.
We’ve both been able to recognize that oftentimes, people who doubt our decisions are responding from a place of deep care and it’s not necessarily helpful to cut them out of your life. Kat shares some non-violent communication strategies for maintaining healthy relationships and upholding your boundaries.
We also get into the main mindset blocks that she sees women struggle with when it comes to taking action and moving the needle on their goals. Kat illustrates the possibilities for women who put themselves first and highlights some of the amazing transformations that she’s witnessed.
- What inspired Kat to have ‘put yourself first’ as her main message and modality for supporting women
- Why putting yourself first is actually selfless, not selfish
- What it looks like when a woman puts herself first
- Taking responsibility for how you react to someone’s opinion of your life
- Coming to terms with the fact that even when you’re trying to make everyone else happy, there’s always going to be people who disapprove, judge, or just don’t get it
- The complexity around fear of success