I’m joined by Natalia Krätsmar-Šmogrovičová, a mindset coach who specializes in eating disorders, binge eating, and emotional eating recovery. Natalia opens up about her 10-year battle with bulimia and her mission to help others recover, find food freedom, and live authentically. We discuss the mental, emotional, and physical consequences of eating disorders, and Natalia shares how she eventually confronted the root causes of her bulimia and embarked on her healing journey.
Eating disorders tend to be rooted in masculine energy where there’s a desire to look a certain way, prove your worth, and sprint without taking breaks. Recovering from an eating disorder requires us to tune into our feminine energy, connect with our heart, and embrace rest. One of the ways that Natalia has been able to recover is by leaning into intuitive eating. We talk about the principles and philosophy behind intuitive eating and debunk some common misconceptions about the practice.
Eating disorder recovery is a lifelong process. Natalia touches on the work that she’s done to restore her hunger and fullness cues and reconnect with food that makes her feel good. She also highlights her tips for how someone can get started on their recovery journey and come back to their body.
Regardless of whether you struggle with an eating disorder, or if you just want to create a healthier relationship with food and your body, this episode has plenty of wisdom to offer!
- Eating disorders as a coping or avoidance mechanism
- Reflecting on patterns of destructive self-talk
- How eating disorders and recovery relate to masculine and feminine energies
- Combining the wisdom of the mind and body in intuitive eating
- Neutralizing our feelings and language around food
- How recovering from her eating disorder has helped Natalia find the freedom to be her true self