In today’s episode, Dr. Somer and I discuss nervous system regulation and inner child healing.
Through our conversation, Dr. Somer highlights the importance of developing enhanced somatic awareness so that we can effectively listen and tend to our bodies. Even through extended periods of therapy and self-healing, it can feel there’s a missing piece 一 that’s where inner child work comes in..
We also examine how our unhealed childhood wounds can manifest in different areas of our lives, including physical health, relationships, and entrepreneurship. Dr. Somer offers resources and techniques for addressing our underlying trauma responses to resist overstimulation or burnout.
Listen in if you’re eager to heal your inner child and cultivate a deeper connection with your body.
IN THIS EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT:
- An introduction to importance of nervous system regulation
- The difference between somatic therapy and cognitive therapy modalities
- How childhood wounds can resurface in entrepreneurship and relationships
- Resisting overstimulation by listening to your nervous system
- Strengthening your inner Woman through embodiment practices