I’m joined by digital creator and author Davina Manuel to discuss her experience with breast implant illness and the transformative year she’s had since getting her implants removed. Davina describes how her explant journey has created a deeper sense of gratitude for her body’s inner-wisdom and overall health. In our conversation, she highlights the importance of taking yourself off autopilot and really tuning into what feels authentic to you.
Part of that process for Davina has included setting and upholding boundaries, particularly when she knows she needs to rest. She explains how saying ‘no’ to things outside of her bliss has meant that she’s able to say ‘yes’ to herself and her family. Because she’s not operating from a place of burnout or scarcity, she’s created more space for magic and abundance.
We also cover tangible ways to find a sustainable flow between the masculine and the feminine. We share ways that we like to drop in and reset, even if it’s only for a few minutes each day. Plus, we touch on topics like conscious parenting and intuitive movement.
- Davina’s reflections on why she got a breast augmentation at the age of 18
- Signs and symptoms of capsular contracture
- The cathartic, cleansing nature of journaling
- Accepting that you can’t be everything for everyone
- What happens when you start to slow down and create more spaciousness in your life
- Learning to move your body in a way that feels good, particularly when you come from an athletic or competitive background
Come on over to join the Empowered Feminine Facebook group (for free!).
This group is a space to connect with other Feminine Frequency podcast listeners, to ask Amy questions, and to receive support!