In today’s episode, we’re joined by Alexandra Roxo. She is an artist, bestselling author of ‘F*ck Like a Goddess’, spiritual teacher, and transformational coach. Her latest book, ‘Dare to Feel’, comes out with Sounds True in January and explores the language of feeling and heart opening as a spiritual practice.
From a young age, we’re conditioned to repress our feelings and ignore the signals from our body. Alexandra takes us through the set of tools that she has gathered that took her from emotional numbness to deeply feeling, and how it has transformed her life.
In today’s conversation, we discuss why processing your emotions mentally is less effective than feeling your emotions physically, and how analyzing your emotions is only the first step. We dive into the ways in which we wear our pain on our body, and how easy it is for others to sense closed-off energy. We talk about the importance of softness, and why it’s not mutually exclusive with having firm boundaries. We also explore how the dynamics of our intimate relationships can shift when we truly let our partners feel what we’re feeling rather than being reactive.
Tune into this episode to learn what it means to deepen into the path of the heart.
IN THIS EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT:
- Alexandra’s journey through learning how to feel deeply
- Why somatic therapy can be more effective than CBT
- How feeling our grief and pain leads to more aliveness and pleasure
- Why not feeling your emotions actually leads to being inauthentic
- The importance of expressing our feminine rage
- A live reading of Alexandra’s poetry
- An invitation to a free workshop