In today’s episode, Luci Lampe takes us on the journey from how she went from being confined by a lifetime of religious oppression to being a trauma-informed sex & relationship coach.
After facing her fears of being abandoned by her Christian community if she explored her sexuality, Luci courageously committed to a conscious pleasure practice that ultimately restored her connection to the divine. Through this commitment, she was able to go from dreading intimacy with her husband to tapping into an endless supply of erotic aliveness in herself and her relationship. She has now been married for 17 years.
Throughout our conversation, Luci explains how the spiritual and the sexual are two sides of the same coin. She highlights that the sexual problems her clients come to her with are just symptoms of the deeper issues in their relationship, often coming down to a lack of safety and trust. Luci emphasizes that the key to a fulfilling relationship is the decision to remain open-hearted, even before it feels safe to do so.
Tune in if you’re ready to come home to your body and awaken more erotic aliveness in your life.
IN THIS EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT:
- Luci’s return from a recent ancestral trip to Peru.
- Growing up as the Christian “good girl,” with internalized religious taboos and shame.
- How religious oppression was the doorway to a profound sexual liberation.
- The deep-rooted fears that surfaced when she committed to a conscious pleasure practice.
- What to do if you struggle to experience pleasure during intimacy.
- How 6 weeks of de-armoring led her to having her first penetrative orgasm after 10 years of marriage.
- The difference between surrender and just “being submissive.”
- The importance of trusting the masculine within yourself before trying to trust external masculine figures.
- How the sexual problems her clients approach her with are just surface level indicators of deeper issues.